Quotes

“I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.” ― Anna Quindlen

Monday, August 2, 2010

awww

You people make me blush. Really? I'm barely up and I have four followers. Four!

I suppose I should give y'all something.

k.

This is not my first foray into the blogging world by far, but I've never talked about writing before, even though it's something I've done since I was six. I wish I could remember more about my first story, but it had something to do with a bear. Like, a teddy bear. But not.

Anyway.

I've loved writing ever since, but I don't remember much between third grade where we had some seriously hippie poet teach who would tell us we gave him goosebumps with our work (and oh how i wanted to give this man goosebumps...which sounds dirty now but totally wasn't) and my sophomore year in high school.

Though I'm positive there was something in between that. There had to be.

During my sophomore year I had this awesome English teacher (props to Mrs. Parker) who saw that I had some form of talent and encouraged me to write more and to wave goodbye to regular English classes. It didn't take me long after that to indulge myself in creative writing courses where I found myself writing YA stories. Probably because I was a YA. But still. It never really stopped. I think I'm hard-wired to write (mainstream) YA.

Then there came my decade long sabbatical. I don't want to get into it completely, but it included a dark day or three where I ripped up all my writing, my journals, my poems, etc. Everything.

Don't ever do that.

/deep breath.

Anyways, I want to talk writing YA (and just writing period) and reading and all sorts of good stuff like that. I'll be going back to school soon to get my English degree (and gasp become a teacher myself) so I'll probably talk a bit about what I'm doing there. Maybe--maybe--I'll even review, though I'll confess that it takes at least two reads for me to really digest the details of a book and I don't exactly read as often as I could/should. But I'll get into that later.

I dunno how regularly I'll post. There will undoubtedly be days where I will post a few times and then there will be a whole week that will go by with just one post.

Fair warning: There will probably be irreverency here. Talk about sex and violence and drug use and all of that. Not every book I will discuss will be YA, nor will the writing.

So, yeah. Welcome--hope you stick around <3

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging.

    Thank Mire for some of us followers. Us WDC peeps should stick together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete